a little east of reality

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

fast forward me past the pain

Movie preview tonight of Click, the new Adam Sandler movie. It was a special event organised by a local radio station and I won two tickets on the radio. Before the movie they played a 'true or false' game that went like this - if you think the statement is true you put your hands on your head and if you think it's false you put them on your hips. If you choose wrong you sit down. The game went on until there were three people left standing - one of them was me. It was pretty exciting at that point. I think it was at that point that I dared to believe that I might actually go home with a 32 inch flat screen TV. And then I lost.

*sigh* And then they gave me a remote control holder as a consolation prize. *sigh*

I was unconsoled. In fact I saw it more as a cruel reminder of how close I got. So I left it on my seat. We also got free Krispy Kreme donuts. They didn't help either, but they tasted good.