a little east of reality

Monday, June 05, 2006

where do these people come from??? part 2

Exhibit B: Alicia

First enquiry...

I am ALICIA COLE,27 Female looking for a room.I am friendly person who like to associate with people from different races and origin. my hobbies include music, movies, computers, poetry and the art. My interest is not limited in anyway and i love trying out new things.

i will like to know the location of the room/apartment,with more details about the room/apartment

waiting to hear from you soonest.

My response...

Hi Alicia

Thanks for the enquiry on the room.
(More detail on the room, living arrangements, payment, location, bus to the university, and a little on me & Silent Bob.)
Do you have any other questions?
Bye for now.

chosha

Her second email...aka the one where the space cadet suddenly reveals itself

Thanks for the mail and i appreciate your efforts towards this.I'll be so glad if you can reserve the room for me and remove the advert from Ad site as i'll love to rent the place. And please tell me if i can ever consider the room as mine. plz i will like to know more details cos i will be coming over to the states by 7TH of july,and i really need a condusive,comfortable and nice place to stay. am very friendly,open minded,honest and God fearing person..like to swim,dance,sing and watch movies..

Well i need more info from you regards to the room and also i need to know the depoist,and the mode of payments that i will be paying before i arrive,i am from ENGLAND,i want to move over to the US, Kindly get back to me ASAP with the deposit i need to pay because i will like to pay for the deposit before my arrival and i will like to know the total amount i will be paying for 2 to 3 months, but i will like to pay the deposit first of all,I am single,I do modelling and i have job offers already in the US.My job will be based on contracts so i do not have to go to work all the time,I will only need to go to work 3 times in a week.I will have to look for a school i will be going on a part time basis,to enable my get my degree.

Well, i think we will get along well because am a easy going person who respects ones privacy,like i said i dont do drugs or smoke but i drink only occasionally.please send me emails as often as you can because i would like to get to know you better Please kindly get back to me ASAP.Hope to hear from you soon.Regards

My (very restrained) response (given my thoughts)...

Alicia

Um...that was interesting. It's great you're heading for the States and all, but my house is located in Canberra...the capital of Australia. UC = University of Canberra. Were you maybe looking for something near the University of California?

Good luck with that.
chosha


Edit: next round - her state of denial
THANKS FOR YOUR MAIL.
I KNOW ITS AUSTRALIA AND NOT USA,PLEASE LET ME KNOW MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE ROOM,NEAREST AIRPORT,AND HOW MUCH I AM TO PAY FOR THE ROOM
THANKS AND GOD BLESS

My (rather serious) response:

Alicia

With all due respect, I think perhaps you should look elsewhere. You're asking about the room, which I've already described. You've asked how much money I'm asking for, when I've already given all that information. You say you know it's Australia, but you talked a lot in your email about the US, even saying you'd lined up work there. You want to go to school part-time - here students have already enrolled for next semester.

I'm sure you're a nice woman and all, but I can't risk my income by taking a chance on someone who doesn't seem to know what's going on or have anything organised. There are plenty of other advertisements for housing. Feel free to try one of those.

chosha

And the search for human life continues...