a little east of reality

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

a small box of deep despair

...was waiting in my mailbox when I got back to Canberra today.

Now don't get me wrong. I will be reading The Rape of Nanking and Sex Slaves: The Trafficking of Women in Asia. I just won't be reading them in the same week...lest I off myself.

I'm guessing these are not the books Bob Thiele and George David Weiss were reading the week they penned:
I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world
but I may need to listen to that song afterwards just to remind myself that there is also beauty in the world.

Edit: Okay help me out people. I just had such a vivid flashback of that line, "there is also beauty in the world." Can anyone tell me which movie I'm deja vu-ing? Google is being uncooperative.

PS...thanks for the books jojo. ^_~

Labels: , ,