a little east of reality

Sunday, February 04, 2007

the biggest loser australia ~ series 2

The second series of The Biggest Loser Australia started tonight. I promise not to write about it as much as Oz Idol, but I do love this show. It's one of the few reality TV shows that I find inspiring. I've never watched a whole TBL series (US or Oz) from the beginning, so I'm looking forward to watching their whole journey. And few things make me want to go to the gym more than watching Bob "my hero" Harper and Jillian showing people they are more powerful than they ever dreamed.

Tonight the contestants weighed in for the first time, a pretty emotional event. They are at a weight where they avoid scales and some of them had no idea how much they weighed. I think it's a good way to start - taking stock and finding out where you're starting from. They're so strong. The biggest guy, Damien, is truly enormous ~ 216kg, the heaviest TBL competitor ever, worldwide. He's also calm and determined and beautiful. I can't wait to see him transform before our eyes.

Labels: ,