a little east of reality

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

i'm so excited!

I started my Cafepress shop after I got a cool computer art program as a gift. I was enjoying making designs and I figured, 'why not?' because maybe someone else would like them, too. It took a while to work out how to do things properly. I didn't realise, for example, that the seller can choose which dark t-shirts to use for each design. I thought I was stuck with the whole range in every case. I also made a couple of really stupid mistakes with designs, like using white to fade something out on a design ~ it looked perfect on the white t-shirt, but I had dark t-shirts with the same design on them that looked really unprofessional and bizarre until I spotted the mistake and fixed it.

All in all, the store had few designs for a while. I also had to learn how to go about promoting the items. My efforts here have been pretty basic, like learning how to make it easier for web search spiders to find and list the item pages for various searches.

Anyway, recently I have wanted to get back to designing, which I haven't done for several weeks. This week I want to try my hand at some cute Halloween designs. I went to my shop owner's page, only to find that I've had SIX sales since I last checked the site!! I mean, I know it's only six sales, but you have to start somewhere, and that's six people who are walking around in four different US states, wearing my designs.

How cool is that?!! ^_^

Labels: , ,