a little east of reality

Thursday, August 16, 2007

chosha and the bee

I learned a few new words recently after watching Akeelah and the Bee. Today I'd like to use a couple of them in a sentence.

We have a new starter at work. She seems very nice, but suffers from non-medical logorrhea. If you ask her a question, you are likely to be listening to the answer for a very long time, as her ability to move from one story to the next without cease (or breath) borders on the Scheherazadian. I want to be the friendly, welcoming colleague type, but I'm kind of scared to start her off, lest I lose yet another half hour from my 'week of rapidly declining productivity'.




PS...I recommend Akeelah and the Bee. I've watched it three times now and am doing another screening for my Valiant class (the 9-12 year olds that I teach on Sundays) in a couple weeks. I showed them a few snippets as part of a lesson and they were keen to watch the rest, so now we're having a movie night at my house.

Labels: , ,