a little east of reality

Monday, August 08, 2005

much less than three

My friend Jojo has finally entered the blogging world, so I've added him on the sidebar. Of course why go all the way over to the sidebar when you can just click here? It's a newish blog and there are a mere half dozen entries so far, but I still want to recommend it, because I know what's coming and it's far beyond what's already there.

One thing I love about Jojo is that he speaks (and writes) with an authentic voice. He's into way too many things for one person to fit into each day, but somehow he manages to suck in the integral stuff in each case and come back with the intelligent commentary of a person who was there at the time. So if he writes about gaming, he sounds like someone who hangs with the Penny Arcade dudes. If he turns to tunes, he's like a Rolling Stone reporter, understanding both the intricacies of the music and also the wider connections between the artist and the rest of the musiverse. He drools just the right amount when being a fanboy, waxes ubergeek when he talks computers, and slits open a carefully considered vein when opening up and talking about more personal things. Soon he'll be off to China to live for a while and I'm looking forward to seeing it through his sharp, observant eyes.

Anyway, that's my spiel. I hope you'll take the time to check it out the blog and see what you think.