a little east of reality

Thursday, July 28, 2005

dude, that's just not playing fair

I'm a firm believer that guys and girls can be friends. Even if I absolutely adore a guy and think he's sexy as all hell, if he's a just a friend (and should stay that way, eg not single) I can usually keep my (romantic) emotional distance pretty well. After all, if I'm really his friend, why would I think about stuff that, if it happened in reality, would screw up meaningful relationships in his life? That's not what a friend does.

But can I just say that there are some moments in life where you just have to stop and say, 'damn that's a nice ass!' and at least acknowledge, if only to yourself, that you so wish you were allowed to reach out and grab its sexy goodness.

I think I have an appointment with a cold shower...later.