a little east of reality

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

seth

I talked to Seth tonight for the first time in months. I don't know why I don't keep in touch more, because I love talking to him. He always makes me feel like I've drunk from a pool of clean water.

I spent the whole conversation wishing he was in front of me instead of on the phone so I could give him a fierce hug and tell him how much I've missed him. That feeling washed over me several times during the conversation. He's such a beautiful person: articulate and insightful and guileless. I know from past conversations that he thinks I see him too often through rose-coloured glasses, but I don't care. Though my eyesight sucks, I think I see him clearly.

I hope we live in the same city again one day. That would be a red letter day.