a little east of reality

Friday, April 08, 2005

catching up

Deb and I had a lazy morning in before visiting the 'Scrapbooking Superstore'. Though they had a bigger range of stuff than I've seen before, I was mostly considering what I should wait to buy until I'm in the US, as so much of it is imported from there. I'm thinking this might be a good thing to do if I visit Zen, who lives right in the heart of Scrapper Land Central. I like scrapbooking (though I prefer the term 'photo journalling' - more writing, more photos, fewer cutsie stickers) but it is an expensive business here.

In the evening I met up with Baps. We first visited Gio, who I haven't seen in a decade or so. He has no hair at all left and still looks utterly gorgeous...some guys just have the right face/head for it. Unfortunately he was working and couldn't come out and play. We headed over to a noodle place in Newtown. The food was good, the service sadly not. We left scowling to make our way back to her apartment, where we laughed ourselves silly over a home movie she found a couple weeks ago of some of the old crowd in Adelaide,including Gio with hair. I think he looks better now.