a little east of reality

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

back to work...with a thud


The job I'm doing now is my third job in this group. Mystic took over the first and Neo the second. Still being in the group (4 teams make up our 1 group & I've simply shifted teams) means that I've sometimes been relied upon to fill in when they are on leave or away sick. While I sometimes find this frustrating, it generally costs me little time and has not been that big a deal.

But I have to say, when I arrived back from leave this morning only to be informed that both Mystic AND Neo had found (and moved to) new jobs while I was on leave, I was a little wide-eyed.

I know it can all be worked out. I already told the Bear that he needed to go through my team leader to negotiate my involvement rather than coming to me directly and he was cool with that. Nevertheless I still find myself wondering if I'm just about to spend the next few weeks doing three jobs.