a little east of reality

Saturday, October 07, 2006

stuff that happened while I wasn't blogging #3

My workplace ended up being lame again.

I'm in the middle of a job selection process for a level APS5 position. So far it's taken about two months. There are lots of positions throughout the branch...or there were. They interviewed for the EL1 positions, then for the APS6 positions. The APS5s should be next. Now they are mumbling about our tight budget and suddenly there's no guarantee that the 4 or 5 level jobs will even be interviewed for. It's not for sure yet, but there's enough doubt to make me wonder.

I'm still getting paid at level 5 for now, so I'm choosing not to worry about it too much. I'll give it till Christmas and then start applying for jobs in other departments. I like the organisation, I really like the section I work in, but in the end you can't ignore it when people start getting between you and your income. I'm doing level 5 work and I should have the chance to have a substantive level 5 job.