a little east of reality

Friday, March 31, 2006

conversation snippet #23

This actually happened back on the 19th. I was writing a reply comment on this post, and couldn't remember if the French phrase was menage e trois, or menage a trois. I've seen both, and I'm not sure what the difference is, but either way I couldn't remember. The following conversation was then called out between his room and mine:
me: Phi, is the little word in the middle of menage a trois an 'a' or an 'e'?
phi: The little word?
me: Yeah, the one in the middle.
phi: I thought it was two words.
me: No, it's three, and the middle one's only one letter. I just can't remember which letter.

/small pause while the smart ass section of his brain kicks into gear/

phi: Are you writing a new profile?
me: No, I'm not! /grin/
phi: ... 'to do' list?
me, tongue in cheek: Yes, that's right. Just adding it to my '50 things to do before I die' list.
phi: Okay.

^_^