a little east of reality

Saturday, February 18, 2006

you are... a beautiful, beautiful, butterfly

Saw Alien Resurrection for the first time tonight. O.M.G....s.o. .s.c.a.r.y!!! Sigourney Weaver was brilliant. I love the twist in her character this time around. The more you watch movies the more you realise how very few truly original and startling ideas there are out there. They didn't just bring her back. They fundamentally changed who the character is and what she's capable of. It's like that pivotal scene in Terminator 2 when Linda Hamilton's character first sees the Terminator she's been waiting for and has no idea that he's on her side. She should have gotten an Oscar for that scene alone, seriously.

Fun quotes:
Johner: So, I hear you, like, ran into these things before?
Ripley: Yeah.
Johner: What did you do?
Ripley: [grins] I died.

*****

Distephano: I thought you were dead!
Ripley: Yeah, I get that a lot.

*****

[General Perez offers Elgyn a drink]
General Perez: Drink, Elgyn?
Elgyn: Constantly.

*****
Annalee Call: @#$%, Johner, what do you put in this shit, battery acid?
Johner: Just for color.
Man, I hope there are movies in heaven.