a little east of reality

Thursday, September 29, 2005

night watch

Ah that delightful chap from bma magazine has sent me more free stuff, may he be enveloped in delicious karma till Christmas. I love entering their contests now because I have this hope that I might actually win something. And can I just say how cool it is to open the mail and find something that is totally not a bill. I love that!

This time around I've won four tickets to a preview session of a new movie, Night Watch. There's just two in the picture as I already gave two to Neo.
Just after we've lived through Lord of the Rings and we can't even imagine another movie spellbinding us, along comes Timur Bekmambetov's fantasy masterpiece. Like Ridley Scott, Timur is an astonishing visionary and Night Watch is an epic of extraordinary power. (Quentin Tarantino)
Night Watch looks super scary. I may have to squinch down and keep my feet up on the seat in front of me the whole time - a technique I use to hide from the scary stuff. I'm in the same cinema, watching the same movie, surrounded by the same Dolby Digital sound, but somehow it helps.