a little east of reality

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

new year's eve

New Year's Eve didn't work out at all how I originally planned it. I ended up going to the zoo with Flexi Boy, Drummer Boy (who needs a new nickname, as he's not a drummer any more) and DB's girlfriend. Here are a few pics:





A cheetah enjoying the shade.









The kangaroos are in the walk-in section. Sometimes you can pat them, but they can easily avoid people if they're not in the mood (no human can outrun a kangaroo - they can be six metres away in two lazy hops).





Pffft!











The bears were pretty cooperative - lots of photo ops.










Saudi had been planning to go to Sydney with a friend for the NYE fireworks over the harbour and I was actually looking forward to spending NYE at home alone, so I wasn't super thrilled when I got back from the zoo and found he hadn't gone. I think he might have been hoping I would end up driving into the city for the fireworks here, but even if I'd wanted to, I'm avoiding driving until my brakes get fixed next week, so that wasn't an option.

In the end I made dinner (tres delicious steak with mushroom gravy, veggies and curly fries...mmm) and we talked for about an hour. Then he went off to do his own thing and I had a couple of quiet hours before seeing the new year in with a little toast:
To 2008 and the clarity it brought me; to 2009 and all of its possibilities!

Labels: , ,