a little east of reality

Monday, May 15, 2006

/cue don mcclean/

So byyyyyye byyyye to the dread pirate phi...

Phi announced last week that he's moving out. Can't say I didn't see it coming. Mentally he's been moved out for about four months now and often the only way I know he's been home is because food's been eaten. Sadly the days of photo expeditions and spontaneous rock concert road trips with a flatmate who was more like a friend are long gone. I'd like to say I'm sad he's moving out, but the truth is that I was already sad back in January/February when he first stopped really living here and now I don't have much energy for it. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying I want him to move out. I'm just not as upset about it as I would've been if he'd made the announcement in December.

Financially it's a total bust. Silent Bob only ever planned to be here until the semester break, and although he is considering a change to his studies that would keep him here longer, I still have to assume for now that he's moving out in six or so weeks. If I don't find someone new by then I'll be back on the same impossible budget I lived on before Phi moved in, and that will truly suck.