a little east of reality

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

all hail lewis - html god & all-round nice guy

Well here I am with my NaNoWriMo button and word counter up and ready to go just in time for the start of National Novel Writing Month, and I owe it all to Lewis and his excellent html advice. I also used his HTML FAQ's for Bloggers post to change my template so that now my links open in new windows.

I'm very much the trial-and-error queen when it comes to html. I started with a ready-made template and then played with the hex numbers until it had the colour scheme you now see. Other changes are more tricky, because you have to figure which bit of someone's source code relates to the bit of their blog that you think is uber-cool.

In this case it was Lewis' word counter and he was kind enough to let me use his code. I know that technically I could have just taken the 'view source' route without asking, but I appreciate not having to do that. I changed it a little, but mostly for colour and alignment...nothing snazzy.

Thanks Lewis, and good luck to everyone who's taking on the NaNoWriMo challenge! I can't wait to get started. Unfortunately it will have to wait another six hours or so until work is finished. Dratted work - always inconvenient. :)