a little east of reality

Saturday, August 27, 2005

the price of um...fame?

Apologies for turning on the word verification in comments ~ I know it's just one more tedious thing to have to do to post a comment ~ but it seems the spam spiders have located my blog. I've had five anonymous 'comments that are really links to sales sites' in the last hour.

Update: At Raph's suggestion, I've installed Haloscan comments. To be honest I always thought Haloscan was just the comment system used by a different blog space provider. I didn't realise I could have Haloscan comments without shifting my blog to another address. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if it makes any difference in terms of spam comments.

Later update: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I didn't realise that changing to Haloscan would get rid of all my comments!!!! To anyone who commenting on an August post (especially all those kind folk who recently came visiting from Walker's site) please forgive the deletions. Haloscan did it! Luckily it didn't do so for the archives. I'd have been crushed to lose all of those as well.