a little east of reality

Monday, May 09, 2005

my bit in a blogathon

I became a part of a Blogathon! Here are the questions:

Do you have a hidden skill or talent that most people wouldn't know about? If so, what is it?
Okay I grinned at this question for about ten minutes thinking of several things I'm not willing to write in a blog that my friends read. ^^ But most people don't know that I write songs. Occasionally I'm even talented at it.

Who would you rather fist-fight: George W. Bush or Martha Stewart?
Definitely George W. Not feeling strongly about either insider training or the banality of placecards and floral centerpieces, I don't have anything against Martha. Dubbya however, I could cheerfully pummel for some time without getting bored. Also, with Dubbya having avoided Vietnam by string-pulling, and having not even fulfilled his duty in the National Guard, and with Martha having just spent some time in prison, I think she'd be the tougher fight.

In a non-violent way, how can we convince you to dance naked in public?
Releasing hornets just as I'm finishing my shower comes to mind. It would look like dancing anyway. Of course that may be considered violent, if the hornets catch me. Alternatively you could bring back Woodstock. With the original lineup.

How many containers of Silly Putty would you need to sculpt a life-sized statue of Andre The Giant (before he died)?
Silly putty weighs an ounce. Andre weighed 226.8 kg (500 lb) which is 8000 ounces. Now average human density is 1.0 grams/cm^3. Humans generally 'just' float and some more muscular people don't. Depending on its shape, silly putty either floats or doesn't, so I'm guessing (based on no more scientific evidence than that) that their densities are roughly the same. Therefore it would take around 8000 ounce-sized containers. Of course long before the sculpture was finished, gravity would have turned it into a vast silly putty puddle, so the point is a bit moot.

Would an elephant make a good trombone player?
No, elephants don't play trombone for the same reason they don't play the trumpet. They just don't have the lips for it. They're actually much better on harmonica.

Thanks for the interview, Drip!

You too can become part of the GLORY that is the blogathon. Here are the rules:

1. If you'd like to be interviewed, leave a comment saying "interview me."

2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones above.

3. You'll update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You'll include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you'll ask them five questions.