a little east of reality

Monday, March 28, 2005

a little easter reality

I just realised that I haven't added an entry for Easter, so I thought I'd offer this link to a rather traditional hymn we sang this Sunday, Christ the Lord is Risen Today. Basically all you have to do it click on the first note and the whole hymn will play.

This is the first Easter hymn I ever heard that sounded like a Christmas carol to me. I don't know if its general 'joyousness' comes across without the voices, but it was a nice way to end the meeting and remember that we're not just remembering the Atonement and Crucifiction but also celebrating the Resurrection.

In other Easter news, I gave Lindt eggs this year. Everyone I would normally buy for was away this Easter, so I just put an egg on each desk at work, which made me feel I was at least getting into the spirit of things a little.