a little east of reality

Sunday, February 15, 2009

anything other than me

Watching a lot of One Tree Hill lately. Don't worry ~ I'm not planning to blog on it, though I may borrow a few of Lucas' literary quotes. There are some great ones. I've also been struck by Gavin McGraw's lyrics each time the theme plays:

"I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
All I have to do is think of me and I have peace of mind
I'm tired of looking 'round rooms
Wondering what I've got to do
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me."

Which is true. Sometimes I want to be a better me, but I do like myself, for the most part. This doesn't stop me wondering sometimes if 'me' is enough. Enough for what? Good question. And I'm not sure I have a good answer. It's easy to feel like you fall short when you're not sure what you're measuring yourself against.

I hope this doesn't come across like I'm down. I'm not. Just thinking.

Labels: , ,