a little east of reality

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

daunted

Today my boss gave me two Authority papers to write, one due in August, the other in September.

Don't know what the heck I'm talking about?

Imagine you work for a big corporation and have to write a speech that the CEO will give at an international forum meeting. Imagine you are a reporter and your chief editor gives you your first feature to write, adding as she does, 'don't screw it up'.

Imagine...and this is what I'm actually doing...that you have to write a paper to the ruling board of your organisation convincing them to request that the Minister change the Radiocommunications Act. Well, for one of the papers anyway. The other one will not change much in the real world - wish that made it easier to write.

The point is, this is the biggest thing I've been handed to date, and I have to write two of them.

Mm.